Originally Posted by BSB67
Originally Posted by JohnRR
[quote=SportF]If you are interested in performance, I suggest you ask a bunch of mopar drag racers at the track what they do. Their answers are probably different from that of which you hear here. Best of luck.

This worked for me in 06 at the Pure stock drags, it was suggested that I run 42 total by a veteran PS racer from Detroit , I went as high as 39 and dumped a couple gallons of 110oct on top of the1/4 tank 93oct for piece of mind, the car picked up a couple tenths ...

This. 42 degrees was pretty common. I ran 39-40.

[/quote ] Every time I have tried setting the verified total timing above 36 BTDC at any 1/4 mile track doing testing on every BB Mopar I've tuned slowed the car down in the ET and MPH shruggy
Don Wann, NHRA division 7 long time Mopar drag racer, had told me years ago that the 1963 Plymouth M.W. Savoy he owned and raced like 42 BTDC total timing, so I tried that on my legal 1963 415 HP Max Wedge NHRA stocker and it slowed down confused
I learn later that he didn't build the motors for his cars, a machine shop did them for his sponsor and it ended up that they had put a later year (1967 and later) timing cover on his M.W. motor with the original dampener making it read falsely tsk
My message is trust and VERIFY scope up twocents

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 11/21/22 06:41 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)