These stories are great!!

Up until I had my Charger, I hadn't ridden in anything even remotely fast. I thought my Charger was quick and was happy with it, until around when I switched jobs and was working for Roush in their powertrain division. I then got to drive lots of stuff that had ridiculous power at freeway speeds and my perspective started changing.

Around that time, I met another friend who had a Regal that would go 10.0's @ 135+ on motor, and after a few rides in that, it is my new benchmark for a fast street car, and honestly I'm probably not going to be happy until I can get there with mine. That's stuck with me, even through various other cars and motorcycles. I had a Hayabusa for a while and that would give you tunnel vision in 2nd and 3rd gear, but the sensation is different than any type of car.

Last month I gave a ride to one of my neighbor kids in my Fury and wasn't expecting him to be excited about it as it feels slow to me, but his baseline was a Miata and he walked away impressed and excited for how obnoxious it was. That's a win, lol

Pretty much anything feels slow after you get used to it though, no matter how quick it is. Another friend has a Mustang that he has run both as a grudge car and in LDR trim, it typically goes low 4.30's/high 4.20's in the 8th. Even he says it feels slow after a season.

'18 Ford Raptor, random motorcycles, 1968 Plymouth Fury III - 11.37 @ 118