If you want to add data logging, and you want to eventually add boost. Buy an EFI system and use just the ignition side of it. Data logging like crazy built in, precise ignition control etc. I would do that and run 8 coils.

I always preach the Megasquirt stuff because it is cheap and mine has been rock solid reliable for 7 years now. I have had to replace one of my salvage yard GM trucks coils in that time frame. It is easily the best money I have ever spent on my car.

What drove me down the EFI road was learning to much about carbs and not liking the process of fine tuning them for the road. The second reason was all of my MSD stuff(and it was old) started to fail, I had a coil(that wasn't old) leave me on the side of the road, a digital 6 box literally go up in smoke and leave me on the side of the road, and a digital 6 box that misfired consistently but always tested good. Now the only MSD product I have is the bracket that holds my crank sensor. I have been on the side of the road for other reasons since then but nothing ignition related!

68 Barracuda Formula S 340