Originally Posted by Diplomat360
Congrats...what a great feeling it is having the car back on the road after so many years!!!

Originally Posted by wkroncke17
...I will drive it on the street for sure, probably a little more than on the strip.
I suppose that would possibly favor the 3:91???
Then if rpm is too low at the top end I could always pop in a 4:10??

My coupe is 90% street, 8% driveway and 2% race (lol, if you can count two season outings a "race"). Point being, I went from a 3.91 to a 4.10 gear and for my combo (360 motor, 238/244 @0.050" HFT cam, 727, 4K converter, 27.75" tire, so close enough to a 28") that was the one change that made for a perfect street combo!!!

So if the 4.30 gear is pushing the motor hard at the line, this being a stroker to top it off, I would try a 4.10 move first, especially given the cam dur @0.050" before giving the 3.91 a try. Than again...stroker has gobs of torque right? LOL

Originally Posted by wkroncke17
...Forgive my ignorance when it comes to the converter, if I want it a little tighter, is that more stall?...

"tighter" normally means that the converter will stall lower, having said that, I've been told you can build a high-stall converter that is on a "tighter" side, thus giving you better street manners.

My 9.5" Dynamic 4k converter feels pretty good on the street: car drives fine, but step into it a little deeper and the RPMs flash real fast. When I ordered that converter I emphasized the desire to avoid the car going from idle to 2k when I need to start moving at the stop light, the gentlemen at Dynamic told me "...alright, we'll build it a little tighter...".

Thanks for the clarification!
When I spoke with the tech from PTC, he asked me a lot of questions about the car from top to bottom.
He did tell me since I’ll be driving it on the street, it will have good manners for street driving, but still work well on the track.
Fortunately for me, he spoke directly to the tech at Bullet Cams about my camshaft which I’m sure helped a lot!
I’m torn on the 3:91/4:10, but I may just purchase both which would give me more reason to go to the track!