Congrats...what a great feeling it is having the car back on the road after so many years!!!

Originally Posted by wkroncke17
...I will drive it on the street for sure, probably a little more than on the strip.
I suppose that would possibly favor the 3:91???
Then if rpm is too low at the top end I could always pop in a 4:10??

My coupe is 90% street, 8% driveway and 2% race (lol, if you can count two season outings a "race"). Point being, I went from a 3.91 to a 4.10 gear and for my combo (360 motor, 238/244 @0.050" HFT cam, 727, 4K converter, 27.75" tire, so close enough to a 28") that was the one change that made for a perfect street combo!!!

So if the 4.30 gear is pushing the motor hard at the line, this being a stroker to top it off, I would try a 4.10 move first, especially given the cam dur @0.050" before giving the 3.91 a try. Than again...stroker has gobs of torque right? LOL

Originally Posted by wkroncke17
...Forgive my ignorance when it comes to the converter, if I want it a little tighter, is that more stall?...

"tighter" normally means that the converter will stall lower, having said that, I've been told you can build a high-stall converter that is on a "tighter" side, thus giving you better street manners.

My 9.5" Dynamic 4k converter feels pretty good on the street: car drives fine, but step into it a little deeper and the RPMs flash real fast. When I ordered that converter I emphasized the desire to avoid the car going from idle to 2k when I need to start moving at the stop light, the gentlemen at Dynamic told me "...alright, we'll build it a little tighter...".