I had one of my car hauling open bed truck under bed tool boxes broken into at a race in Phoenix, AZ years ago, they cut the lock off with some bolt cutters and empty it, a set of 1963 426 M.W. carbs and jet kits that you couldn't get any more back then with some real rare Carter jets and metering rods, oil, oil filters, tools and other stuff you need to carry when racing. The truck was park under a big flood light about 100 ft from my room at a nice motel, not a cheap one.
Lots of racer attending as the Winternationals in Pomona were two weeks later.
I ended up getting a call about 3 months later from a kid I knew who said he thought he could probably get those parts back for me if the reward was high enough rant
I basically told him that I would probably beat him until he told me the truth about who had stolen my parts. He was going to one of the tech schools in Phoenix, AZ on the G.I. bill, he was ex Marine, I learned later he was discharge, thrown out of the Marines on a bad conduct discharge work
I'm sure he had stolen my parts to start with as a mutual friend of mine had mention to him at that race the next day that my truck had got broken into the night before at the motel and some of my hard to replace race parts were stolen.
He ended up dead of a drug overdose while making meth before I could get my hands on him shruggy Karma can be a real killer haha devil

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 10/19/22 09:01 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)