Moparts

Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........

Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/19/22 10:54 PM

Got a call from the place where I keep my enclosed race car trailer. Every enclosed trailer parked in the same area as mine had the rear door locks cut off and stuff stolen or damaged. Had another surgery yesterday, so I couldn't go to the location, so I sent my son. I lost about $3000 in tools, race car parts, trailer equipment and accessories. Thank God I chose not to leave my new Honda generator inside because I almost did after my test n tune night in August. I do have insurance at least. Crazy part is I just moved it to a bigger spot for easier access and parking. If I had not done that no way they would've been able drop down the rear door, but then they might've destroyed both side door locking mechanisms to gain entry, which would be a pain to replace on a 2015 trailer. Inside job most likely. Thankfully no damage, and I still have a trailer. MAN I HATE THIEVES! down
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/19/22 11:13 PM

Sorry to hear this Wes. I can't say what I would like to or I would have to ban myself! Yes...I do hate thieves... mad
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/19/22 11:55 PM

That sucks. I'm afraid storage lots are magnets for this sort of thing.

Originally Posted by tboomer
I can't say what I would like to or I would have to ban myself! Yes...I do hate thieves... mad

laugh2

[Linked Image]
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 12:03 AM

Sorry to hear about this Wes frown
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 12:16 AM

Sorry to hear that. Glad your insurance is covering it.

My shop got broken into a while back probably by my meth head nephew. Told the cops who to look at, they didn't care. I did end up getting my 4 wheeler back from someone who had "bought" it. No arrests made.

Thieves suck big time.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 12:19 AM

Sorry to hear this. Thieves suck.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 12:42 AM

Bummer!!!
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 12:55 AM

I had one of my car hauling open bed truck under bed tool boxes broken into at a race in Phoenix, AZ years ago, they cut the lock off with some bolt cutters and empty it, a set of 1963 426 M.W. carbs and jet kits that you couldn't get any more back then with some real rare Carter jets and metering rods, oil, oil filters, tools and other stuff you need to carry when racing. The truck was park under a big flood light about 100 ft from my room at a nice motel, not a cheap one.
Lots of racer attending as the Winternationals in Pomona were two weeks later.
I ended up getting a call about 3 months later from a kid I knew who said he thought he could probably get those parts back for me if the reward was high enough rant
I basically told him that I would probably beat him until he told me the truth about who had stolen my parts. He was going to one of the tech schools in Phoenix, AZ on the G.I. bill, he was ex Marine, I learned later he was discharge, thrown out of the Marines on a bad conduct discharge work
I'm sure he had stolen my parts to start with as a mutual friend of mine had mention to him at that race the next day that my truck had got broken into the night before at the motel and some of my hard to replace race parts were stolen.
He ended up dead of a drug overdose while making meth before I could get my hands on him shruggy Karma can be a real killer haha devil
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 02:37 AM

MAN I HATE THIEVES!

I hate people who buy hot sh!t ... they're the one's creating the market !!
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 04:32 AM

Damn Wes….. that sucks! While we’ve had zero issues out in no man’s land I still unload the car and put it in the garage. Too many trailers “disappear” .
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 12:12 PM

Sorry to hear this Wes! Ironic how easy it is to get legitimate fair-paying work now-a-days but some still choose to steal. I absolutely believe Karma finds a way over time. Heal up quickly from surgery and enjoy the car ASAP. My best, Sean
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 12:20 PM

Hate to hear this Wes! Sounds like it could've been worse...no damage to the car? I don't think I could sleep at night if my stuff was stored somewhere other than my property. I wouldn't trade living out in the country for anything. I leave my trailer empty, just in case someone got brave enough to come all the way out here to try and steal it. Trailers are always a "hot" item.
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 02:42 PM

Sorry to hear that Wes.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 04:42 PM

Sorry to hear that and been there done that. Why all my stuff stays at my house.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 04:50 PM

That sucks to hear. I try everything to keep my from getting broken into or stolen. I additionally lock my rear door from the inside with slide locks and padlocks just in case someone cuts off the outer locks to break in. You can see my slide locks here. This is about the only picture I have showing them. I also use the winch and hook it to a loop onto my side door and use my remote control winch controller gingerly to pull the winch until I see the door pull in slightly so I know it is tight. I have a electric tongue jack that I lower so it's too low to put up on another truck and pull the fuse for the tongue jack along with long lock that I hook my safety chain through together with the tongue lock.. I also wrap a chain through the wheels and lock them together. In addition, I have enough spare vehicles around that I always try to keep one parked in front of the trailer and another one tight to the right side door just I case.

Attached picture 20221007_183053.jpg

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 06:18 PM

Thanks for the words gents.

6PKRTSE that's a lot of extra work, but a good idea. I like the extra internal door locks idea.

I could easily keep my trailer at my house behind the RV gate......BUT......homeowners assoc doesn't allow it. Hell, I even have to give them 24 hour notice I'm parking it in my driveway before I bring it home, and once its in the driveway I can only keep it there for up to 36 hours, or request an extension for more time. HOA's have their place and I knew that when we built our house 22 years ago.

The place I keep it at is where I've always kept my enclosed trailers. Never ever had a problem like this before. It was either an inside job, or when someone was at the entry gate there was someone waiting behind to gain entry, and then plan their way out. They have working dogs and its patrolled with armed guards and surveillance cameras. Not sure how it happened, but I'm pissed as are others who took some sort of loss.

Car was not inside. It's always removed and kept home. I'd never leave it inside.

They stole some good tools, Pit Pal equipment I hadn't mounted yet, nitrous bottles/parts, alum jack, boxes with couple extra shifters, spare fuel pump, and a newly cast Brett Miller intake. Not even sure why I had the intake in there. Checking local online stuff to see if any of it surfaces, and my buddy will be at the big local Glendale swap meet this weekend to check things out.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 07:59 PM

I will keep an eye out for stuff for sale as well. I still buy a fair amount of parts...What kind of fuel pump and what pitpal stuff. The intake is a very unique piece for sure

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
I will keep an eye out for stuff for sale as well. I still buy a fair amount of parts...What kind of fuel pump and what pitpal stuff. The intake is a very unique piece for sure

On the QT call Brett and see if he stamps an ID number on it. And don’t broadcast that info.
Posted By: racerx

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 10:01 PM

They stole some good tools, Pit Pal equipment I hadn't mounted yet, nitrous bottles/parts, alum jack, boxes with couple extra shifters, spare fuel pump, and a newly cast Brett Miller intake. Not even sure why I had the intake in there.

Seem like they knew what to get, Was anyone else trailers had race car related items in it..........

That's f%*k up years ago my garage was broken in to and the people/person didn't have a clue on anything race car related but they stole tools to further other break-in of other people's property. mad

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire

Thanks, Al.

MagnaFuel ProStar 500 w/filter
MagnaFuel 2 & 4 port regs
PitPal side door cabinet w/folding tray door
PitPal Spare tire mount
PitPal Floor Jack Holder
PPP Black Shifter (Glide)
Hurst Pistol Grip (Glide)
Two cabinet drawers full of new Craftsman tools, torque wrenches
MSD Timing Light

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
On the QT call Brett and see if he stamps an ID number on it. And don’t broadcast that info.

Yeah I have photos of the intake and numbers on it, plus I had Brett machine stuff on the outside.

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by racerx
Seem like they knew what to get, Was anyone else trailers had race car related items in it..........
That's f%*k up years ago my garage was broken in to and the people/person didn't have a clue on anything race car related but they stole tools to further other break-in of other people's property. mad

They just grabbed what was accessible, and it all was there to take without a problem. Other than what was in the trailer cabinets & toolbox, all else was in boxes sealed up. Probably don't even know what they have. They tried to take the winch, but got spooked or gave up. No idea if there are any other racers with trailers in there or not. With as many trailers broke into that night, it's obvious there was a crew of people who did it. Scumbags.
Posted By: John Burdine

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/20/22 11:16 PM

Thats a dam shame.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/21/22 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Stanton
MAN I HATE THIEVES!

I hate people who buy hot sh!t ... they're the one's creating the market !!

This. They do it since there is a market.
We used to go in a mom-pop bar and when someone wondered in wanting to sell crap he would go out and get the cars type and plate number.
Someone hit my dad's home and was later held at the pawn shop while cops were in route.
They knew he had stolen stuff so called it in. We got lucky and got about half of the stolen stuff back
Posted By: mopacltd

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/21/22 04:57 PM

Wes, you are welcome to park your trailer at my house.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/21/22 05:51 PM

Ach. So sorry to hear about this.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/21/22 05:59 PM

my dad had a bunch of his stuff stored in one of those "U-store-it" places with the individual stalls/rooms setups one time.
in it, he had his roller bottom and top box, filled with his tools.
anyway, that storage place got broken into one day/night, and the sneaky bastages climbed from stall to stall via the roof trusses, [the stalls had no "roofs", allowing the skylights to be used as natural light] thieving items and leaving the door locks untouched.
when he was notified about the break-in, we went to check on his stuff.
opening his stall, it was immediately noticeable that the top box of his roller cabinet was missing ! now realize, this box is the full size top box, and it was filled with tools ! i don't know how big these guys were, but hefting that box up to the roof trusses and then maneuvering it out of there must have been a workout. he had other tools stolen as well, and he was pretty disappointed. heartbroken actually.
the state police had him fill out a report, but he figured it probably was a useless cause. as he had no insurance on these tools, he was wondering how he was going to replace them. a lifetime collection, gone in a heartbeat.
a few weeks later, dad gets a call from the police station. he was asked if he could describe his missing top box and any of the other tools stolen. he did so, and they told him to come to the station.
i took him over, and along the way, we figured he would only get a few of the tools back. surprisingly, when we got there, everything he had missing was recovered ! as the roller boxes were locked, the thieves had pried open the top box, but that was easily repaired. [everyone knows how thin the material is on most boxes] he was SUPER HAPPY to get his tools back, as everyone would be !
it seems the reason his tools were recovered, was the fact there were guns stolen in this break-in, [in another stall/room] and that's what the state police were looking for.
when they apprehended the bad guys and the guns, there in the living room next to the couch, was dads tool box !
just pure luck, but who cares ! up
bad guys go to jail, dad gets his tools back, other items seized at the time go back to their owners, win-win and win ! boogie
beer
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/21/22 07:24 PM

I've had this happen to me several times. I'm always ready to go on the war path. It makes me SICK ! The last time It was almost completely cleaned out. I took the opportunity to put things back better. All new stuff inside. Everything has been marked. I installed a better lock system and welded the generator to the trailer and installed new LED lights. It looked like a new trailer inside. I still worry about it but I'm now in better shape.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/21/22 11:42 PM

I'm so sorry, that's a punch in the gut.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/22/22 05:59 AM

tsk No politics!!

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/24/22 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by EvilB1Dart
Thanks for the words gents.

6PKRTSE that's a lot of extra work, but a good idea. I like the extra internal door locks idea.

I could easily keep my trailer at my house behind the RV gate......BUT......homeowners assoc doesn't allow it. Hell, I even have to give them 24 hour notice I'm parking it in my driveway before I bring it home, and once its in the driveway I can only keep it there for up to 36 hours, or request an extension for more time. HOA's have their place and I knew that when we built our house 22 years ago.

The place I keep it at is where I've always kept my enclosed trailers. Never ever had a problem like this before. It was either an inside job, or when someone was at the entry gate there was someone waiting behind to gain entry, and then plan their way out. They have working dogs and its patrolled with armed guards and surveillance cameras. Not sure how it happened, but I'm pissed as are others who took some sort of loss.

Car was not inside. It's always removed and kept home. I'd never leave it inside.

They stole some good tools, Pit Pal equipment I hadn't mounted yet, nitrous bottles/parts, alum jack, boxes with couple extra shifters, spare fuel pump, and a newly cast Brett Miller intake. Not even sure why I had the intake in there. Checking local online stuff to see if any of it surfaces, and my buddy will be at the big local Glendale swap meet this weekend to check things out.

A little extra work but it only takes me 5 mins to do my lock down and to undo it all where as a thief will probably never figure it all out. By the time they are all done beating and banding out there my Rottweiler will inform me of any visitors as well. Then there is always Smith and Wesson on stand by also.

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/26/22 10:19 PM

UPDATE!!

Scumbags caught and arrested.

Officer called the number on one of the boxes (my number) with parts inside.

Going tomorrow morning to see what’s left that belongs to me. Yes!

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/26/22 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by EvilB1Dart
UPDATE!!

Scumbags caught and arrested.

Officer called the number on one of the boxes (my number) with parts inside.

Going tomorrow morning to see what’s left that belongs to me. Yes!

Great news.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/26/22 11:37 PM

Congratulations!
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/27/22 12:30 AM

up
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/27/22 12:42 AM

LLEH HAEY!!! HOPE ALL THE STUFF COMES HOME!
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/27/22 02:44 AM

Throw the book at em. Place hi value on everything

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/27/22 04:08 PM

hot dawg ! up boogie
give it to 'em !
beer
Posted By: racerx

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/27/22 05:59 PM

That's Good to hear up

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/27/22 07:31 PM

Good to hear. Hope you get most if not all of your stuff back.
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/27/22 10:19 PM

Thief’s should be shot, no questions asked.

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/28/22 12:10 AM

I was hoping all or most was recovered, but unfortunately not. I arrived this afternoon and in the room on a table was my BMCH intake still in its box, and MSD timing light, nitrous purge solenoid, new unopened screwdriver set in another box. Thankfully my cell number, name and address were on the boxes for them to make contact. I am glad to have the intake back because it wasn't cheap. No further details other than these scumbags had a garage full of people's stuff. The police report has a description of what I was able to remember being taken. They told me everything in that garage will be inventoried, and will contact me if more stuff is identified. It's probably all still there. I think this was just a weird 1-time deal. They've already made some security changes at the location. Will let the justice system work its wrath.

Chuck-O thanks for the offer, but I gotta keep it close by. Thanks man.
Posted By: rickraw

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/28/22 12:37 AM

That’s good news. Hope you get everything back.
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/28/22 01:29 AM

Great news! up

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/28/22 05:38 PM

i would be wondering how many other scumbags saw your cell #, name and address.............
maybe it's just me, but these days, ya never know.
beer

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/28/22 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
i would be wondering how many other scumbags saw your cell #, name and address.............
maybe it's just me, but these days, ya never know.
beer

Yeah I wondered about it, and hate it when companies sometimes add the number with the address on the label, but I had appreciation for it for this issue because they were able to contact me. Those were the only boxes, which was good. Wouldn't end well for them to show up at my place though.
Posted By: mopacltd

Re: Enclosed Race Car Trailer Broken Into........ - 10/30/22 04:26 PM

Great news, Wes
© 2024 Moparts Forums