Originally Posted by A12
The 58 series has safety beads. And dirt track is huge in my area and those tracks are rough and their wheels take a pounding.

Okay that's good but why don't they have a DOT approval?

Im not really sure, but im not real concerned about it. From what i read is it supposedly costs ALOT of money just to get that approval. So maybe they dont feel the need for it, who knows. Im sure they hold up just as well as any steel wheel made by wheel vintiques. Says on there about street use is to how to properly balance them being lug centric. Even wheel vintiques seem cheaply built and there not hub centric either from the ones i seen and used. Its not like alot of the parts we use on these cars dont say not for street use , for example double pumper carbs specifically say race when most others say street,as well as exhaust components. And im sure ppl run racegas in their cars on the street when there not suposed to. Or open up a set of cutouts and or run slicks. I believe those steel wheels will be just fine. Especially the weight capability that it states. Ive seen what these type of wheels go through dirt track racing and those guys dont trash can them after every race, they take alot abuse. Im not racing my car everyday i drive it. And i certainly wont be driving it everyday either. Just to car cruises and mildly play around on occasion.