Originally Posted by GTX MATT
Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by Hot 340
I saw a pair on display at summit in Ohio. They were pee wee stuff compared to the other brands offerings. They looked like 200 cc heads🤣

Yes, Mopar BB heads are very small compared to something like a BB Chevy head. That is why it is easier to make power with a big BBC than a big Mopar BB. The TF270 heads provide the average backyard builder with a good 700 head. A pro engine builder can get 800 hp out a set of TF270 heads but it gets hard to make more than that NA.

If you want to run a BBC then you can buy a 1000 hp pump gas street engine. The BBC has become a much better engine for making power over the last 30 years because GM has continued to upgrade the design. Mopar never upgraded the big block design so we're still stuck with two piece rear main seal and other outdated features. I have a customer with a Mark VI big block and it has substantial upgrades when compared to the muscle car era design.

And Mopar guys will put a standard port window on a 500+ cubic inch engine for fear of losing torque. A std port B/RB is comparable in size to a “peanut port” BBC head.

A 6.4 hemi head is about as big as any common BB heads and does not lack any TQ when slapped on a 5.7 hemi, even max ported to around 400CFM with a huge cross section they make plenty of TQ on a 6.4. I have come to the conclusion a small port is just a governor to keep it from making too much power at higher RPM if you can even get it to turn very many RPM. A 500+ BB will still make plenty of TQ with some huge Gen II hemi heads. Cam timing events are for adjusting TQ, cylinder heads are for building HP. A BBM is no different than any other engine.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!