Originally Posted by Brad_Haak
Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Ehhhh if omeone does try to make BETTER parts, like cylinder heads most the Mopar purists will just throw it under the bus and complain that its not a BBM looks like brand X stuff to me....Ask me how I know rolleyes

For people trying to build serious & competitive Mopar-based engines, it's got to be waaaay frustrating at the lack of options or availability.

A 572 built with an Indy block and 572-13 heads is a pretty stout combo for bracket racing. It costs a lot more than a 1000 hp 632 inch BBC crate motor, but it will make good power and it looks like a Mopar

It is that is now easier than ever to build a 700 or 800 hp BB Mopar that uses "classic" Mopar parts and looks like a Mopar. If a guy is happy with a 9 or even 8 second door slammer than everything is cool. I don't worry about this too much. Buick, Olds and Pontiac guys have had this issue for years. Ford guys have some nice options and Chevy BB guys have tons of options. Mopar guys are better off than the BOP guys but don't have the factory support of either the Ford or Chevy guys. Just the way it is due to decisions made by Mopar Performance years ago. They could've solved the block problem 20 years ago but they didn't. They could've solved the head problem 20 years ago but they didn't. Nothing we can do about their failure to make good decisions years ago.

Trick Flow did a big favor for the 600 to 800 hp crowd, and Indy still has good options for the 700 to 900 hp crowd so 90% of the bracket racers are covered. It is just the die hard Mopar guys who want to make more than 1000 hp who have it tough.