Up
Originally Posted by RSI700VIPER
I just learned on another forum that the stud is more like an upside down hex screw with the head cast into the post. Crap, not good. Might have to cut the whole post off to get it out.

I am not sure about Daytona scoops but the superbird scoop studs are just plain unplated studs, at least mine was. I just drilled them with progressively larger bits and the heat got most them loose with a final reverse drill bit. A few I used a large soldering iron to get an 1/8" bit real hot to get them out, you will feel the plastic soften a little, then they came right out. My scoops are abs plastic so I bought some abs rod on ebay to replace one broken post and plastic welded that on and threaded it. You wouldn't think plastic would rust that tight
to steel but it sure does with the plain studs they used. If you ever mess with rear wing studs make sure you know what you are doing, 2 on each side have a taper pin in them sideways drilled thru the stud before it is cast, those need the wing jigged up in a Bridgeport to drill out a broken one, one of the so called best body shop heros in my state fkd mine up, after I told him to leave them alone. So arrogant he was.