Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
I know in FL Hagerty requires the vehicle to be stored inside, they may be out of luck if they weren't.

I read that they were in the garage. In the photo, there are garage doors at the front & rear of where the cars were parked, & when the garage doors gave way, the cars were blown out. It's believable to me. It's a damn shame. This house is right on the water - imminent danger. When you live in Florida, it's not if a hurricane is ever going to hit you, it's WHEN it's going to hit you.

Check up there in autoxcuda's post with the 4 cars on and under the 4-post lifts the two cars outside were on the raised lifts and washed and blown off when the water got that high shock talk about storm surge.

I notice the house to the left seems to be built on pilings. And front door to house one right seems like second floor.

And the livable dwelling of the house the wing cars were in is elevated too

There was a house recently built in Ventura that was the first one next to the sand. The city made them put all livable space in the second floor. The electric panel was to be in the second floor too (exception to regulation made). BUT the garage was on 1st floor. Never hurricanes here. They have stupid Tsunami signs posted. I don’t think there’s a record of one in 200-400 years of recorded history of California.

Seems like a lot of indicators to not put anything valuable exposed to ground level.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 09/29/22 09:21 PM.