Thanks guys, I definitely value the input- and Dwayne - you hit the nail on the head. Really curious on your results of the CNC ported Edelbrocks, thanks!

I'm worried that the raised exhaust port is not going to work with the C body headers. My car still has power steering and power brakes- there is a mile of room on the passenger side but the driver's side is quite tight, if the exhaust port was raised any it looks like the headers will hit the power steering box. I also think with the flat top pistons I have, the compression would go from pump gas friendly to needing to run E-85 at a minimum with the small chamber B1 BS's.

My car is just a weekend cruiser that I occasionally drive to the track and eventually want to do drag and drive events, so a bunch of the choices are already compromised. The 440 source or E Street heads seem most attractive to me since it *should* pick up a couple tenths and I'd also be able to reuse my cam, pushrods, rockers, intake and headers, although it sounds like moving from 1 3/4" to 1 7/8" headers is worth the investment too. The 590 cam is ancient but is gentle on valvetrain parts for street driving.

I don't have the budget to do a stroker with Trick Flows and custom headers right now, and I don't think I want the car to be quicker than mid-high 10's anyway.

Last edited by Blusmbl; 09/18/22 11:44 AM.

'18 Ford Raptor, random motorcycles, 1968 Plymouth Fury III - 11.37 @ 118