Originally Posted by dvw
I doubt that it separates 8”. Separation is dictated by instant center location. You run Cal tracks, so the I/C is short and high. It’s going to separate. You can slow separation with tighter rear shock rebound. As long as it doesn’t spin that will help. But it will not decrease 60 ft a great amount. You are still in the area where you need power/converter flash/tune to come in earlier. How are you checking the converter flash? Converter can make or break a combo. I would have never bet my 15-1 572 would need over 5700. 6000 flash was worth a solid .10 in ET. Why low power NHRA stockers 60 ft so well? Loose converter, optimized carb, and high starting line ratio.
Doug
No Cal Tracs just superstock springs. I check flash by slow speed in high gear then wap throttle. The convertor is an 8in ATI. single adjustable Calvert shocks set on 7. The carb is fairly new so I'm still working on it, idle and transition is pretty good, now I have to tune pumps, squirters and wot jetting. We put a known good carb on and it picked up mph it had way more jet and we played with squirters. Just ran out of time. Another all day tnt at the end of the month.
So you think I should bring it off idlefrom to flash convertor harder?
I have never heard the term high starting line ratio? Ok so I researched it. 4.30x 2.74=11.78. According to chart my car should somewhere between 10.00 and 10.25. I learned something new today thanks dvw.

Last edited by carnut68; 09/11/22 11:37 AM.

America First!