Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
The HS rockers didn’t fit between the stands on this set of EZ’s either.

I didn’t mention the Indy 1.6’s as being a possible solution for fitting without modding the heads because they are no longer available...... but I wouldn’t be shocked if they fit.
I’m pretty sure both the Indy 1.5’s or 1.6’s would work on heads where the PR slots were in the original location.

Good to hear that it's not just me, but Indy could have fixed this from the get go.
Before I started grinding (after removing heads), I checked for clearance w/ Indy 1.6 rockers and they fit. (Barely!) They would also need a longer (about .200" longer) push rod.
I checked both the Harland Sharps & Hughes rocker (both 1.5). Push rods hit the heads with both of these rocker arms in the same place, about the same amount. Had to adjust the rocker shaft shims on HS's just to get them on the heads. Somewhat surprising, the Hughes rockers had a tighter contact sweep and was more centered on the valve stem than the HS's. It looks to me like the HS's will need lash caps to get the geometry to be as good as the Hughes, although they will work like they are.
Another problem I haven't mentioned, is the rocker arm tip (rollers) have to be moved (laterally) to the very edge of the valve stem, away from the intake port, to help the push rod clear the port. Don't want to chance cutting through the intake port. Offset intake rockers would help solve this part of the push rod issue (approx .150" over stock offset would be about perfect), but we will use what's available and make it work.

Brian