Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Well, it would seem that this latest set of EZ’s has the pushrod slots moved towards the shafts compared to ones I’ve done in the past.

With the HS 1.6 rockers, the pushrods were still rubbing the head on the side of the slot toward the intake manifold.
The side of the slot towards the shaft, which is where the contact usually is with 1.6’s, had tons of room.

With 1.5 rockers there would have been hard contact with the manifold side of the slot.

In the past the interference was only up near the top of the slots....... but this set is extremely close for the full length of the slot.

Frankly, there just isn’t any reason this should be an issue at all.
The heads should be made with the slots adequately sized and positioned to clear the popular brand/ratio rockers.

To me, it looks like the angle of the cutter is off a few degrees when the holes were machined. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever, for that material to be left there. Maybe the program got tweeked when they moved the shop? Mine are also new, just shipped about two weeks ago.(ordered in March)
On a side note, I got a brand new set of Harland Sharp 1.5 rockers yesterday, thinking that they might clear, but they won't even fit between the rocker stands on a couple of cylinders. So, off with heads and out with the grinder this weekend. Certainly not what I expected from Indy in this day and age. Not bashing, just disappointed.

Brian