I'll explain a little more........ I used to have Cox cable tv and internet access. About $140/month. I dropped the cable tv, the new bill for internet only is $68/month. Bought a roku box w/remote for about $30. The roku box is wirelessly connected to my modum, roku box then connects to the tv with an HMDI cable.

This is pretty much what I've done, but in doing this, you still haven't broke completely free of cable as you need them for internet.

And this is where it sucks because you're still dealing with the cable company. When I moved in here two yrs ago, internet AND 10 basic (local) channels cost me $56 a month, End of first year, price had risen about $30, so I dropped the channels for just internet and the price dropped down to $68. Here we are at the end of the second year, and I'm at almost $80 a month for JUST internet. What's it gonna be in another 12 months? Well over $100 for just internet? And this isn't the latest fiber optic service either. What annoys me more so than the pricing is the lack of alternatives for internet. I don't live out in the sticks, yet cable is still the only game in town.

flame

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥