I'll explain a little more........ I used to have Cox cable tv and internet access. About $140/month. I dropped the cable tv, the new bill for internet only is $68/month. Bought a roku box w/remote for about $30. The roku box is wirelessly connected to my modum, roku box then connects to the tv with an HMDI cable. So turn on the tv with the roku remote and start watching everything that's free. Also within the roku app that is displayed on tv are a bunch of streaming channels that you pay separately for if you want. I choose sling blue for $35/month which gives me 30 or so more channels. Lots of options for tv these days.......

Originally Posted by varunner
Thought I'd pass on what I've found lately. I have Cox and decided I'm not going to pay them 140/month for cable and internet. I will say both the internet and cable package works well and provided plenty of download speed and content on cable.

So I dropped cable and got a Roku box. The box is cheap and works well. And there is no monthly fees. It gives you basic news and weather and a bunch of other content( none that interests me though). I enjoy sports and history and discovery channel, neither are on Roku. I pulled the trigger on Sling Blue. 35/month and I get all the news that I can stomach and history/discovery, and the nfl network. So far so good.

Antenna hasn't worked very well here, but I may try again. I think this guys website is worth a look. From what I can tell there is no such thing as the "best" antenna. It depends where you live and what channels you're trying to watch.

antenne man