I wanted to get their take on the runner size, current entry radius, and their take on opening the runners to meet the ports.
Sliding a bore scope down the runners tells me the head is larger than the runner by a fair margin. I knew that because the ports are significantly larger than the gasket windows. The gasket does not overhang the intake. That's a good indication that there's volume to be had.

Now, this intake was designed to feed an engine nearly 25% smaller than what it's sitting on. The low operating RPM range tells me I want to keep moderate volume ports but the extra cubic inches tells me I should increase that a bit. This is where I get into that tricky balancing act. Again. The added port volume would surely add more power up top but will it lose torque trying to get there? Honestly, I have a wee bit of torque to spare but torque was one of the goals of the build.

The part that is really hard to test out of the car is the part throttle low rpm performance. Again, there's no such thing as a soft bottom end on a 541 but I don't need to push that theory. The throttle body moves enough air to make a Dominator blush so the progressive linkage will be handy. The cavern it feeds is pretty big, too. Lots of room for stagnant air to lull about.

After a detailed examination I'm sure there's power to be found inside this fairly crude intake. The oddball shape is a necessity for hood clearance as well as fitting around the other engine bits and accessories. Still, it's not the best example of a fabricobbled intake.

The engine is scaled up so it make sense to increase the size of other bits accordingly. How much of an increase it will take to cross the line from productive to non-productive in this situation remains to be seen.

I'm starting to think you drag racers have it easy. Stuff in as much as it'll take and screw street manners is sure starting to sound good about right now.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon