I was fortunate to be there as well, seemed to be a few really fast cars in attendance. We talked with the Volvo guys for a minute, that thing is nuts. The helper guy said it's been 6.85 @ 200 something mph on a prepped track. Tom Bailey was the first one to congratulate the driver with a beer after they won.

Alex Taylor seems to be the real deal and a pro after having to film for a TV show and talk to a million people right before she got in the car. The whole influencer thing was goofy but the event was all corporate branding and puffery anyway so it's probably par for the course that they'd chose that angle to promote it. The Roadkill guys looked like they would have rather been anywhere else but there. Steve Mags and KJ Jones did a good job in the announcer booth though.

It was really too bad about the Dart, he definitely had a chance. When they were staging it looked like he activated the trans brake because it jerked forward a little bit but in actuality he had shut the car off. Don't quote me but afterwards I believe he said there wasn't enough heat in the motor. Problem was after that little jerk forward at the line the starter guy figured he was on the brake and ready to go. His kid was behind the car filming and when he saw Lenny waving frantically inside he tried to get the starter's attention as well but the guy didn't see him and sent them off with the Dart sitting there dead in the water. People were calling for a re-run but it didn't happen.

Don't get to see an event like that every day.

'71 Duster
'17 Ram 1500