Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/05/22 08:55 PM

Alex Taylor for 100.00
Who is he.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/05/22 09:05 PM

https://www.alextaylorracing.com/about-1
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/05/22 09:33 PM

Her Dad is an absolute wizard of fabrication. All of her and her Dad's drag week cars are top notch builds done %99 in house paint and all.
Posted By: topside

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/05/22 09:56 PM

Looks like the literal HRG - guess the tie-in is the Motor Trend deal, and maybe Mopar is along for the ride ?
I know she's involved with Dodge somehow with the current-model shootout deal.
Kinda funny in that respect that it's a Plymouth...

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/05/22 09:57 PM

I don't think any have aired yet but she is replacing Tony on Hot Rod Garage.
Posted By: ksj

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/05/22 10:38 PM

Will debut at RoadKill Nights next week. They also built a Challenger for RoadKill Nights a few years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gq9uGvn_oM
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/05/22 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by ksj
Will debut at RoadKill Nights next week. They also built a Challenger for RoadKill Nights a few years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gq9uGvn_oM

The Challenger build was last year. Pretty sure this is the drivetrain out of that car, as the body was to be scrapped, and they could keep the drivetrain.

Don are you in Facebook jail?

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/05/22 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by ksj

The Challenger build was last year. Pretty sure this is the drivetrain out of that car, as the body was to be scrapped, and they could keep the drivetrain.

Me in FB jail? I got thirty days in the hole. LOL .Get released from custody in 17 days I think. LOL

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/05/22 11:43 PM

I am in Meme withdrawal , ahhhh , the crazy Irishman is locked up

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/05/22 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by bigdad
I am in Meme withdrawal , ahhhh , the crazy Irishman is locked up
"I'll be back". LOL.

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/06/22 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by ksj
Originally Posted by ksj

Me in FB jail? I got thirty days in the hole. LOL .Get released from custody in 17 days I think. LOL

I figured you couldn’t stop cold Turkey.

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/06/22 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by ksj

I think the challenger has had its life extended.

The savoy has one of them six gear with a clutch parts breakers in it.

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/06/22 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish
Originally Posted by ksj

I think the challenger has had its life extended.

The savoy has one of them six gear with a clutch parts breakers in it.
explains Bangshift Bily lending a hand.
Posted By: chrisf

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/06/22 02:17 PM

sad to see tony go on that show. lucky and him are a good pair but i am sure the money was not there as they all seem to moonlight/sell t-shirts/youtube. alex is just on the show now for visual appeal, hopefully not but i am sure she isnt going to rip apart a 5 speed at the track for a rebuild.
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/06/22 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by chrisf
sad to see tony go on that show. lucky and him are a good pair but i am sure the money was not there as they all seem to moonlight/sell t-shirts/youtube. alex is just on the show now for visual appeal, hopefully not but i am sure she isnt going to rip apart a 5 speed at the track for a rebuild.

I think her and Dennis rebuilt the turbo 400 in her '55 at every track they were at during Rocky Mountain race week this year. She is not afraid of wrenching!

Excited to see the new car in person on Saturday, a few different youtubers are building them for the invitational race.

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/06/22 04:21 PM

From what I have seen , she is quite handy with tools and can wheel fast race cars pretty dam well too
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/06/22 05:49 PM

Watched her on the roadkill nights live stream, spoiled brat IMO.
Posted By: krautrock

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/06/22 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Blusmbl

I think her and Dennis rebuilt the turbo 400 in her '55 at every track they were at during Rocky Mountain race week this year. She is not afraid of wrenching!

Excited to see the new car in person on Saturday, a few different youtubers are building them for the invitational race.

i also saw a little vid of her tig welding all the braces in the Savoy chassis
i think they picked up the drivetrain from Mopar a few weeks ago so it's probably different than what was in their challenger..

she is also the driver..
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/06/22 07:03 PM

I'm an Evil old man that loves looking at good looking women and good looking girls older than 18 whistling boogie devil

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/07/22 04:50 AM

Opinions vary. Met her the first time she did DragWeek in 2013 at the age of 16.. It wasnt her dad riding shotgun it was her mom. Her dad has been a builder for years and she feels right at home working on cars.Give her a chance.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/07/22 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge

I'm an Evil old man that loves looking at good looking women and good looking girls older than 18 whistling boogie devil

me too ! however, i know those women and girls would beat me with my cane if i ever tried anything "foolish" . biggrin
beer
Posted By: LA360

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/07/22 11:53 PM

I follow her on Instagram, it's been good seeing the Savoy progress. She does seem very hands on.

How she looks is irrelevant, her and her family get up to some cool stuff, which is worth following in my view. There is Onlyfans if I was inclined to see anything saucy

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/08/22 01:53 AM

Tony has a sick child. He felt it was best to stay close to home, instead of traveling the country. I don’t blame him one bit for his decision.
Posted By: Smoparmike

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/08/22 03:46 PM

Why should it surprise anyone they built a Mopar. Pay them enough they all would. Look at Jeg and Erica a few years ago. Now all she does is talk how bad those years were. There is no loyalty to anything anymore.
Posted By: 67Charger

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/08/22 04:39 PM

I met Alex and Dennis at RMRW 2020. She is very capable, and while yes, Daddy's money, talent, and guidance made her progress possible, she is doing it and quite self sufficient at this point, and more talented than many of us here having this conversation about them. They are very down to earth people. She was neck deep in the front end of Badmaro's engine pulling off an impressive feat of redneck engineering to repair a damaged cam timing system when I met up with them the first time to buy one of their spare fuel pumps to get my own junk running. Yes, she looks pretty and takes pictures with fans because that is a very effective way to build a brand. We all know who she is, right? Mission accomplished. I also spent a bit of time talking to Dennis about what their plans were for the future. This is it, and they're killing it. Tony made the honorable call to take better care of his family. Alex may not have the TV personality (yet) anfd therefore be subject to stupid scripts for a bit, but without a doubt she has the credentials to be there.

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/08/22 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by moparx

me too ! however, i know those women and girls would beat me with my cane if i ever tried anything "foolish" . biggrin
beer
You got to make good decisions to have good results: grin: I know my limits and I don't like making apologies over bad decisions tsk: work:

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/11/22 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by moparx

beer
You got to make good decisions to have good results: grin: I know my limits and I don't like making apologies over bad decisions tsk: work:

and that is my precise point. a bad decision would get me beat bad, so no bad decision for me. laugh2
beer

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/11/22 09:51 PM

This pic was from its first pass at a Milan track rental today.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: LA360

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/11/22 11:04 PM

It's a cool looking car, I really like it.

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/12/22 01:11 AM

I hate rat rods down shruggy
This is still America, we can like or not like what WE want bow up wave

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/12/22 01:50 AM

It's not a rat rod in my eyes, its a racecar without paint. Paint doesn't many anything more fun!

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/12/22 02:11 PM

sort of like the saying : "chrome don't get ya home"
beer
Posted By: Bob Stinson

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/12/22 02:32 PM

It's not a rat rod in my eyes, its a racecar without paint. Paint doesn't many anything more fun!

Shiny paint causes stress
Posted By: theraif

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/12/22 03:41 PM

iagree i was asked once why all my money stickers were crooked , it was easier than applying them nice and straight and it still payed me the same grin
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/12/22 04:30 PM

I fricken Love it....I want it.....Hellcat powered stick shift.... Paint deleted Nostalgia car that is super clean and fast....Just awesome.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/12/22 04:50 PM

Here are the first few passes on the car along with some other footage from Tom Bailey an Sick the Mag

Posted By: topside

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/12/22 05:28 PM

This showed up on my interweb feedbag today :

https://www.motortrend.com/events/1...oadkill-nights-alex-taylor-lucky-costa/?

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/12/22 06:09 PM

I'm not a show car guy either but like women, nice appearances makes them, the car and women, a lot easier to look at devil work whistling
Remember the old adage, you only get one chance for first impressions and appearances?
Why start off in the hole tsk work
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/12/22 06:56 PM

You obviously know little, to nothing, about Alex Taylor and what she can do , does .
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/12/22 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by 67Charger
I met Alex and Dennis at RMRW 2020. She is very capable, and while yes, Daddy's money, talent, and guidance made her progress possible, she is doing it and quite self sufficient at this point, and more talented than many of us here having this conversation about them. They are very down to earth people. She was neck deep in the front end of Badmaro's engine pulling off an impressive feat of redneck engineering to repair a damaged cam timing system when I met up with them the first time to buy one of their spare fuel pumps to get my own junk running. Yes, she looks pretty and takes pictures with fans because that is a very effective way to build a brand. We all know who she is, right? Mission accomplished. I also spent a bit of time talking to Dennis about what their plans were for the future. This is it, and they're killing it. Tony made the honorable call to take better care of his family. Alex may not have the TV personality (yet) anfd therefore be subject to stupid scripts for a bit, but without a doubt she has the credentials to be there.

Alex Taylor has a youtube channel ... for those that don't know who her or her father are .... I watched a lot of the 55 chevy build from last year. Some of the videos she put up were a little long in the tooth , she is not a actress ... which to me is a good thing to me.

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/12/22 11:32 PM

I use to race several different 4 speed cars, the clutch disc type and adjustment and tranny prep on the gears can make all the differences in the world on how they shift, get them correct and have fun, not correct they won't shift worth a hoot rant whiney shruggy
I love 4 speed cars hammer wrenchup
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/15/22 01:09 AM

I think I remember reading that yesterday she was supposed to take on the top eliminator of the roadkill nights drag racing. Did that happen? If so how did it end?

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/15/22 03:17 AM

She won the Influencer race for the second year in a row. Joe "No prep" Barry won big tire. Thank Gawd Joey knows how to tune dads car. LMAO.

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/15/22 12:24 PM

Westin Champlin won the influencer shootout, and then had to race Alex Taylor. At least 2-3 of the influencers were having clutch/trans issues, lots of missed shifts too. The Barracuda looked like it was the only one who had anything for Alex Taylor's car but he missed 3rd against Westin.

Jim Pranis and Lenny Melton were both in the big tire top 8, Jim got taken out by Joe Barry and Lenny was in the final with Joe but it got weird. The Swedes won small tire with their Volvo, Shawn from Mak TV was I think the only remaining car that could've potentially beat him but he jumped on him in the semifinal and the Volvo didn't leave.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/15/22 05:37 PM

I tuned in to the live feed just long enough to see Tom Baily take on Billy Hoskinson in the black Falcon. Little Falcon was out on him for quite a bit but Tom pulled it out! Was hoping for an upset. The SRC boys are nothing to take lightly as they win most no prep and back of the track races they enter.

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/15/22 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by GY3
I tuned in to the live feed just long enough to see Tom Baily take on Billy Hoskinson in the black Falcon. Little Falcon was out on him for quite a bit but Tom pulled it out! Was hoping for an upset. The SRC boys are nothing to take lightly as they win most no prep and back of the track races they enter.

We talked with Billy briefly, he didn't even make the top 8 for small tire - it didn't make sense. 3 or 4 of the Mak TV guys got in the top 8 though, along with one of Nicky Bobby's cars.
Posted By: RMCHRGR

Re: Alex Taylors latest race car - 08/15/22 09:01 PM

I was fortunate to be there as well, seemed to be a few really fast cars in attendance. We talked with the Volvo guys for a minute, that thing is nuts. The helper guy said it's been 6.85 @ 200 something mph on a prepped track. Tom Bailey was the first one to congratulate the driver with a beer after they won.

Alex Taylor seems to be the real deal and a pro after having to film for a TV show and talk to a million people right before she got in the car. The whole influencer thing was goofy but the event was all corporate branding and puffery anyway so it's probably par for the course that they'd chose that angle to promote it. The Roadkill guys looked like they would have rather been anywhere else but there. Steve Mags and KJ Jones did a good job in the announcer booth though.

It was really too bad about the Dart, he definitely had a chance. When they were staging it looked like he activated the trans brake because it jerked forward a little bit but in actuality he had shut the car off. Don't quote me but afterwards I believe he said there wasn't enough heat in the motor. Problem was after that little jerk forward at the line the starter guy figured he was on the brake and ready to go. His kid was behind the car filming and when he saw Lenny waving frantically inside he tried to get the starter's attention as well but the guy didn't see him and sent them off with the Dart sitting there dead in the water. People were calling for a re-run but it didn't happen.

Don't get to see an event like that every day.
© 2024 Moparts Forums