Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Originally Posted by Mastershake340
I was thinking of sending out a company-wide email at the heavy truck OEM I work for informing everyone some guy on a car forum read something on the internet and has figured out our devious scheme to rake in excessive profits! haha
I’ve got to the point I believe only people with actual real life experience in an area have a right to an opinion on that area. I read and see news stories constantly and in areas I have direct experience in, I see how incorrect or slanted what they are reporting really is. It’s not a right or left thing, all news outlets regardless of their political leanings seem pretty incompetent at their jobs these days. tsk
Be skeptical of anything you see or hear on the news. twocents

The chip shortage is very real I believe.

Go try to buy a new Kenworth, Freightliner, Volvo class 8 truck, etc. Ask a dealer when they can get in one of these power units for you if you order one. They will all say: "maybe a year, maybe two - we can't get any."

Watched a guy on youtube completely rebuild a Peterbilt 359 all by himself, bodywork, paint, interior, removed 13spd and put in new 18 spd, cut frame off behind cab and welded in a new one from a late model truck, then had the motor replaced with a rebuilt cat. New truck and better than anything...new!