Originally Posted by klunick
The solution is easy. Rip the infotainment system out, get rid of Auto braking, side lane assist, computer steering/braking/gas pedal. Boom you now have 2X the number of chips. By the way, I calculated that all out and it cuts the price by 5-8k.

EXACTLY

As a Electrical Engineer, I realize what a joke most of these "features" are and what is going to fail and/or be outdated first. When my wife bought her lat new car, I specfically asked if they made a stripped version less all of the BS. All of the lane departure and super complicated infotainment system means nothing to me. I disabled as many of the "features" as I could but still have the overcomplicted system that is the radio, HVAC and whatever else. I wrote a nice long letter to the manufacturer asking them to create a version of their vehicle that does not have any of the added "features"...yea, I knew I would hear nothing. My old beater truck...rubber floors, crank windows and no power locks....perfect.

Never, ever argue with an IDIOT. They will drag you to their level and then beat you with their years of experience