Originally Posted by Dragula
Once the Mega block gets up in temp in the big ole Hemi, I cannot get it back down...That is where I started. Then I put in a 55gal/hr water pump, it got a little better...Then I disconnected the built in tans cooler and it dropped about 10*, but still hot at 215* on a 90* day in traffic.

I took the thermostat out and left it out...Got a little better yet. Switched to better dual BeCool12" fans over the Flex-a-Lite and that helped a little..

What is weird is late last year, I killed the Firecore distributor and replaced it with an MSD....Totally different curves, and that helped the most. I am down to keeping it right around 205 on a hot day. Still not the 185* I want, but close.

So I ordered a new shroud and over sized 14" fans from Wizard Cooling, and I just got a Griffin 31x19 Rad with the 1.25 rows of tubes...
You don't have a heat problem at 205 you are in the middle of the operating range. 185 is a minimal warmup temp. At 205-210 is warm enough to vaporize any moister in the crankcase so it can be removed by the PVC thus no sludge.

Last edited by 69hemibeep; 08/13/22 09:00 AM.

1969 Hemi Roadrunner 2nd owner