Originally Posted by CokeBottleKid
You guys are crazy, .003" crank bearing clearance? This isn't the titanic laugh
How big is the O.D. on those mains?
The standard race clearance standard is .0010 per one inch of journal diameter, rods, mains or cam journals up scope
There are way to many internet and forum racing experts that have only raced on their keyboards, most of their "knowledge" is based on reading or hearsay, no real world at the track or dyno testing and racing tsk work
I was told years ago by a Ford SS drag racer, Ted Wells(he race 1967 a 410 HP 427 C.I. side oiler motor that he shifted at or above 8800 RPM shock up), to run a little more clearances than the recommended minimum if i wanted my NHRA Street 426 Hemi stock class race motor to live, he was correct up .
I've used 0033+ on the mains and .0030+ clearance on the rods long before you bought that Daeco race drum from me with no bad results on hundreds of street and strip and drag race only motors,Hemi, RB.B and lots of SB Moparswrench up twocents
Yuu will never spin a bearing with those oil clearances, you may with less than .0010+ per 1 inch of bearing I.D. diameter on the clearances tsk twocents

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 08/04/22 02:51 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)