Originally Posted by Diplomat360
Unless I missed it, no one has mentioned the tank based pre-lube setups yet.

Allstar Performance Oil Pressure Primer Tanks ALL10535

I picked up a used EL05 (which is a lot like this Melling Prelube Engine Oiler Tank Kits MPL-201 part) when a local machine shop was closing down. I haven't used it yet, although it appears to be literaly child's play easy!

So my point being: once you have it all assembled and on the SB the pump to distributor drive is all aligned (and you do not want to touch it anymore) you could certainly take the tank based approach.

I've used the hex-shaft before during on-stand engine assembly, and that was great. However, you are tied up spinning the drill and that means you are not turning the engine, and/or observing the oil-flow. For that reason I picked up this tank and the intent is to plumb-it-up (tank feeds into the block oil pressure sensor passage), turn the valve to start the flow and go inspecting things as the pressure drains out of the tank and eventually the oil flow stops.

Heck, taking that a step further one could argue that this would be a good way to prep for the season's start as you take your ride out of the garage and get it road ready...I have never done that before, and the old 360 motor did not seem to suffer for it...but heck, an extra 1/2 hr. of care would seem to go a long way to get the oil up into all the necessary passages, so why not?

You could make one out of a garden sprayer for a heck of a lot less.