Originally Posted by mopars4ever
Originally Posted by kcarfanatic
Originally Posted by usp4u
I'll be there. Our group always does very well in the show field.

Of course you all do well, you vote for yourselves. THere is a certain a body that gets a first place every year, the gap between the fender and hood is just hideous. He's in one of the local clubs. Voting at Carlisle means nothing.

My first time entering a car at Carlilse my daughter and I were excited about trying to get a trophy in my class. Of course it was just my opinion but I didn`t see any cars in my class that year that I thought would do better. I was thinking I could get 1st place. I didn`t really know anybody back then at the show. Many of the others I noticed knew each other and seemed to be in the click. My daughter went over to see the winners list and she was crying saying we only got 3rd place. I was actually happy about winning knowing that many others were all voting for each other. After that I never cared if I won anything or not.

Cars are not Judged at Carlisle. They are voted on. I brought a 71 GTX 6bbl car that had been picked by Chrysler to be in their display at SEMA. They paid to have the car transported to and from SEMA. It won First at the Mopar Nats and every show it ever appeared in. We brought it to Carlisle. Nothing. Won nothing. I have never returned to this show, nor will I ever bring a car again. It is great place to get parts and meet with friends. Judged car show it is not.

69 Road Runner vert
69 GTX hard top
70 Road Runner 4 speed
70 Hemi Cuda vert