Moparts

Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle?

Posted By: rdrnr6970

Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 04/09/22 06:36 PM

We're thing about going to Chryslers at Carlisle this year anybody getting ready or planning to go?
Posted By: Dartforforty

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 04/09/22 07:01 PM

I have my same vendor spaces paid for since October.
I will have an assortment of early b-body parts.
Hopefully I can make it there this year
Ed
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 04/09/22 07:52 PM

Yes.. sent in my show field entry back in December for my D150 .. made a hotel reservation also.

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 04/09/22 08:43 PM

We gotta send in our money for our space.We be there for a few days this year can't wait!
Posted By: KGorney

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 04/14/22 03:37 PM

Yes. We're going this year.
Since we just moved to PA, not far from Carlisle, last August we're going to check out every Carlisle show this year! (Our daughter gave my wife and I season passes for Christmas!). We've only ever been to the Chrysler show (30+ years attending). Looking forward to experience the others (although we will probably skip the import show).

We're taking a slightly different approach to what we bring to Chryslers @ Carlisle though. My wife decided to get into the act and we're putting her 2016 Dodge Dart GT on the snowfield. She ordered it directly from Chrysler so she could get what she wanted - 6 Spd, GT (turbo, sport suspension), and sunroof. I have to admit, it is a fun little car to drive - especially in the curvy, mountainous roads of central PA!
Posted By: cudaboy340

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 04/14/22 03:52 PM

Feel free to look me up when you're here! I'm at every show, pretty much from open until close. You can also ask me about any of the events and I will give you an honest answer/opinion. Although I run Chrysler (and some other events here), I'm involved in all of them. You can email me at EdB@CarlisleEvents.com if you prefer.

Where in PA are you located?

Ed

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 04/14/22 05:51 PM

He guys will be there with our blacked out hemi ram.My wife and are looking forward to the show! driveTrying to do something different with the ram this year.Cant afford a classic mopar so we're trying to have fun with our hemi ram!
Posted By: KGorney

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 04/14/22 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by cudaboy340
Feel free to look me up when you're here! I'm at every show, pretty much from open until close. You can also ask me about any of the events and I will give you an honest answer/opinion. Although I run Chrysler (and some other events here), I'm involved in all of them. You can email me at EdB@CarlisleEvents.com if you prefer.

Where in PA are you located?

Ed

Hi Ed!
You've helped me in the past on here through PM and it was much appreciated!

We're in Shirley, PA (Yes, I can be serious smile ). It's a little over an hour west of Harrisburg in Huntingdon County.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 04/15/22 03:35 PM

Been going since 1992 and will never miss it! I generally get ready about a week before...LOL..

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 04/15/22 04:27 PM

Very cool!The first time I went was in 1997 .Its a cool show to go to! drive
Posted By: kcarfanatic

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 04/15/22 06:29 PM

Will be there in the Chrysler relatives class with my 1971 Simca 1204 GLS.
Posted By: McCandlessboy

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 04/17/22 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by kcarfanatic
Will be there in the Chrysler relatives class with my 1971 Simca 1204 GLS.

I've actually wanted to see a Simca in person. Will have to check it out.

This year I'm doing an imperial theme. Will be set up at the end of the midway as usual. We have to go through 2 of the cars, but I think we're good. Last years setup almost killed me. Will be nice to have an easier setup.

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 05/27/22 04:41 PM

Ooppss thanks!I forgot I did a post a while ago! drive
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 05/27/22 05:36 PM

with increased costs and my retirement account down 1/3 i cant afford to go

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 05/27/22 09:33 PM

Only increased cost is fuel. I got a hotel last year and the gate fee is the same.

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 05/28/22 09:47 AM

We're wondering if Mr.Norms will be a vendor there?

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 05/28/22 10:07 AM

I just retired but we had to adjust our budget,put our mopar muscle car dreams on hold and I'm taking a part time job to make ends meet.lol but I'm enjoying retirement drive
Posted By: moparx

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 05/28/22 05:58 PM

retirement is worse than work !
something is always breaking around here, or we have doctor and hospital "visits" ! laugh2
beer
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 05/29/22 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by rdrnr6970
We're thing about going to Chryslers at Carlisle this year anybody getting ready or planning to go?

You mean like packing my bags already? Usually the night before.
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 05/30/22 12:32 AM

The car is registered and we have a hotel room… it’s all good! 👍

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 05/30/22 03:17 PM

Very cool! drive

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 06/21/22 09:12 PM

Got our Carlisle registration and sticker I'm sure we'll find something we don't need but we'll buy anyway! boogie drive
Posted By: Hrtbkr

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 06/22/22 04:44 AM

Got my registration a few days ago, but going to Belvidere the weekend before.
Posted By: Dartforforty

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 06/22/22 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Dartforforty
I have my same vendor spaces paid for since October.
Hopefully I can make it there this year
Ed

I have my same vendor spaces paid for since October P-214 to P-220
I will be there this year
Ed
Posted By: usp4u

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 06/22/22 12:32 PM

I'll be there. Our group always does very well in the show field.

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 06/23/22 07:35 PM

Very cool! drive

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 06/24/22 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by usp4u

Of course you all do well, you vote for yourselves. THere is a certain a body that gets a first place every year, the gap between the fender and hood is just hideous. He's in one of the local clubs. Voting at Carlisle means nothing.

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 06/24/22 10:42 AM

A big undertaking as always to go to to Carlisle. Will be bringing 2 Ghia limo's and the S&M GT1 car. Buddy Martin will be up on Saturday and will be part of Dad's seminar on the main stage Saturday. He'll also be around to sign autographs. At least 2-3 additional cars will be driven up, but not sure what we're bringing just yet.
Posted By: usp4u

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 06/24/22 12:34 PM

Of course you all do well, you vote for yourselves. THere is a certain a body that gets a first place every year, the gap between the fender and hood is just hideous. He's in one of the local clubs. Voting at Carlisle means nothing.

We dont have a "club". Just guys that are3 local to each other.
My class dosent vote for any of the classes with my friends. They are all A/B body and my E-Body form never has voting for those classes.

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 06/28/22 08:51 AM

Looks like Dodge thrill rides and free stuff are back as well as burnouts! drive
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/03/22 03:15 AM

I"ll be there, Lord willing Friday and Saturday

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/05/22 08:10 PM

week later date created a conflict so i wont be there

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/06/22 10:42 AM

It would be nice to meet moparts people,sorry to hear some of you can't make it.Mike it'll be cool to meet you and you're dad and see the seminar,and meet some great mopar legends,andsee your great cars!Maybe pick up some cool stuff! drive
Posted By: SportFuryS/23383

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/10/22 04:41 PM

Hi All,

Man it's been awhile since I posted, I just don't get on here much anymore. I just wanted to let everyone know that my stepdad and I will be going to Carlisle this year and we will be travelling there on Wednesday, leaving at 7am and meeting a friend or 2 along the way. If all goes good with traffic and all we should be there early afternoon. The Great Pumpkin or our 1970 Fury III FK3 Burnt Orange 4-door hardtop will be going this year for its debut show, (for us anyway) and will be in the survivors tent display. We will also be bringing this in the 2nd picture, our big beige 1973 Plymouth Custom Suburban station wagon. It will be in the 1969-1973 C-body stock class. If you see us behind either of these 2 cars and would like to, stop by and say hello.

I can't believe the show is only 4 days away now, I can't wait. It's always a great time.

See everyone there!

Attached picture Fury 1.jpg
Attached picture wagon.jpeg

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/10/22 08:46 PM

Very cool!We can't wait either maybe will see you guys and your cars there. drive
!
Posted By: skicker

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/11/22 09:06 PM

Those of you who have been by my spaces before know the volume of parts I try to take...

I haven't been there for the past 5 years so I have a lot of different stuff I have accumulated since then...

I have been loading everything I am not using for my cars...

I'm going to have a 1$ and 5$ table for a ton of small parts I need to get rid of as I am no longer storing this stuff...

There are 8 B and C Body rears with a few sets of different gear ratios...10 and 11" backing plates and drums...

A ton a small 63-5 B body parts...dashes and a lot of stainless trim for A and B Bodies...

I have a collection of aftermarket vintage valve covers I was gathering up to put on the wall in the garage and decided to part with them all instead...

Taking a few cast iron and aluminum intakes for B...RB and LA...

A pile of driveshafts and a 4 speed hump and Bellhousing removed from a 69 Roadrunner...

A 65 B and T 4 speed A 833 from a Barracuda and some 65B 4 speed pedal assemblies...

I am also liquidating several sets of aluminum slots along with 3 sets of rear burnout tires and wheels for anyone wanting some...

No E Body parts but a lot of early B Stainless along with some extra nice 65 C Body interior chrome...

I'll also have about 30 various steel wheels in both 14 and 15"...

Several nice parts for a 68 Satellite including a pretty decent tail panel trim...

I'm pulling in Thursday morning in spaces P214-P216 right beside Ed...
Posted By: sogtx

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/11/22 11:35 PM

Not bringing anything
Not selling anything
Bringing some $ bourbon and beer !

Attached picture AE4FF9FF-9715-456D-85A1-14180BA56888.jpeg

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/12/22 12:14 PM

Looks like you're spots are the places to be lol.Maybe I can buy some parts I don't need for a one day project like a roadrunner drive
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/12/22 12:34 PM

If possible fill your gas tank before you get to Pa. I was racing in Ohio over the weekend and bought over 60 gallons of gas in Ohio at 4.51 and was treated by 4.89 at the Pa border. 35 miles later in my rural area it was 4.75 a gallon.

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/12/22 02:56 PM

Is there a Moparts tent this year?

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/12/22 05:53 PM

Thanks for the gas price info,PA can be bad we're coming from south jersey we'll gas up the hemi truck before we leave.And will there be a moparts tent?That's a great question. drive

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/13/22 04:24 PM

Gassed up the hemi truck at wawa.$95.16 eek

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/13/22 04:37 PM

The online event guide show no Moparts tent.

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/13/22 05:28 PM

That sucks confused
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/14/22 01:36 PM

My first time entering a car at Carlilse my daughter and I were excited about trying to get a trophy in my class. Of course it was just my opinion but I didn`t see any cars in my class that year that I thought would do better. I was thinking I could get 1st place. I didn`t really know anybody back then at the show. Many of the others I noticed knew each other and seemed to be in the click. My daughter went over to see the winners list and she was crying saying we only got 3rd place. I was actually happy about winning knowing that many others were all voting for each other. After that I never cared if I won anything or not.

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/14/22 01:55 PM

Truck is ready for the showfield and is in the trailer ready to leave at 5 a.m. Friday

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/14/22 07:23 PM

Sorry about you're car show experience,hopefully if you enter you're car things will be better.My wife and I will be heading out tomorrow got the ice chest in the truck,and our umbrella from our deck,beach chairs.Tomorrow will get ice and bring Bahama mamas,wine and waters gotta keep hydrated ya know! dino penguin boogie
Posted By: MOPARMIKE69

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/15/22 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever

My first time entering a car at Carlilse my daughter and I were excited about trying to get a trophy in my class. Of course it was just my opinion but I didn`t see any cars in my class that year that I thought would do better. I was thinking I could get 1st place. I didn`t really know anybody back then at the show. Many of the others I noticed knew each other and seemed to be in the click. My daughter went over to see the winners list and she was crying saying we only got 3rd place. I was actually happy about winning knowing that many others were all voting for each other. After that I never cared if I won anything or not.

Cars are not Judged at Carlisle. They are voted on. I brought a 71 GTX 6bbl car that had been picked by Chrysler to be in their display at SEMA. They paid to have the car transported to and from SEMA. It won First at the Mopar Nats and every show it ever appeared in. We brought it to Carlisle. Nothing. Won nothing. I have never returned to this show, nor will I ever bring a car again. It is great place to get parts and meet with friends. Judged car show it is not.
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/15/22 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by SportFuryS/23383
Hi All,

Man it's been awhile since I posted, I just don't get on here much anymore. I just wanted to let everyone know that my stepdad and I will be going to Carlisle this year and we will be travelling there on Wednesday, leaving at 7am and meeting a friend or 2 along the way. If all goes good with traffic and all we should be there early afternoon. The Great Pumpkin or our 1970 Fury III FK3 Burnt Orange 4-door hardtop will be going this year for its debut show, (for us anyway) and will be in the survivors tent display. We will also be bringing this in the 2nd picture, our big beige 1973 Plymouth Custom Suburban station wagon. It will be in the 1969-1973 C-body stock class. If you see us behind either of these 2 cars and would like to, stop by and say hello.

I can't believe the show is only 4 days away now, I can't wait. It's always a great time.

See everyone there!

The great pumpkin looks great! I love it!
Posted By: 1969ronnie

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/16/22 01:51 PM

wave Big Rain ThunderStorms coming for lunchtime . Don't forget to tie down those portable shade Tents , We always see them Fly and Crash into somebody's nice Paint Job ! bump Ronnie
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/19/22 07:36 PM

3,101 cars in the show to set an all-time record. I sit down in the Celebrity Luncheon (no, I am NOT a celebrity!) and who should sit down right across from me but Miss Claudia, the Direct Connection girl we all loved so... amazing how she managed to transport me back in time right to being a tongue-tied adolescent. laugh2 She was a lot of fun to talk to, although I felt bad for her hubby, as he might have said three or four words. Have an old Car Craft with an article about the Sox & Martin team that is divided into three sections—"If Ronnie Drives the Cars, and Jake Builds the Engines, What does Buddy Do?" Ronnie had signed his part of the article in 2000. I worked just a couple blocks away from where Jake had his very last shop here in Burlington, NC and got him to sign his part just a few years before he passed, and finally was able to get Buddy to sign his part at the show. To say I was stoked about that is an understatement. It was a Mopar quest completed for me. All around it was a great show in spite of the rain on Saturday! up

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/20/22 10:29 PM

didnt go and dont miss. become too many new challenger chargers and trucks

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/21/22 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by 05dakota

There isn't a show in the country that has as many pre 1979 mopars as this show. It's not even close, regardless of how many newer models show up.

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/21/22 06:34 PM

true, but in my opinion its not worth spending over 1000 dollars for 3 days.
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/21/22 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by 05dakota

Well: in maybe 10 years those will be the "vintage" cars at shows.
If during that time, they "disappear" (fuel, electric, etc), they'll be collectibles.
Just changing demographics.
Who still goes to the Hershey show?
Was always 20-30-40's cars

Re: Anybody getting ready for Chryslers at Carlisle? - 07/22/22 09:20 PM

Thank goodness it wasn't this weekend with the record heat wave in the high 90s
© 2024 Moparts Forums