Did Ram previously recommend premium with truck 6.4s? They don’t now. I just rechecked my manual and it says 87. Only the hipo 6.4 L in Challengers, Chargers, TRX and Grand Waggoner requires premium.
I average around 16 and change. On highway trips I’ve been surprised to see the trip fuel economy readout reading 20-22 mpg. Doing the math in my head at the pump I think the readout might be a bit optimistic and the mpg is probably closer to 19 highway.
With great difficulty me and a friend managed to free our late friend Don’s trailer out of his backyard last weekend, and then towed it 35 miles from the south burbs to the storage place. I didn’t reset the trip mpg feature so I can’t say what it will do towing, that is extent of my towing so far so can’t report on real world towing mpg. I’m guessing 9-10.
I’ve seen guys on forums recommending using mid grade when towing, but given the fact 75% of what you read on forums is just guys stroking themselves, I don’t know if there is any merit to that recommendation or not.