Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by 360view
Good.

340,000 chassis miles

Engine and auto trans much younger.

what other truck components should be “renewed” to reduce on road break downs and headaches?

It is hard for me to imagine the
driver’s seat cushions
are protecting your spinal discs like one would hope for

are the body to chassis vibration isolators uncracked?

I put one of those egg cushions on the seat 100,000 miles ago, and a vibrating backrest, I am old ya know?!? Don't even know what the "vibration isolators" are, rides like a buckboard from day one, so nothing I can feel has changed. Had front end components changed, all fluids changed recently, brakes are a year old, muffler has been rusted out for 3 years now, so maybe replace that soon. Tires are done, I have another set ready to put on. Who knows what will go next... shruggy My dealership recently got the exact same truck delivered, $51K and a 6.4 is all you can get now in a 2500, so no new one for me! tsk

Nothing in the world wrong with a 6.4, I swapped one in my 2011 when the 5.7 blowed up and it is a beast and gets better MPG because it don't down shift anywhere near as much as the 5.7 did when towing witch is about the only time I drive it.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!