Originally Posted by roadrunninMark
Plenty of older hemis on youtube complaining about ticking as well. Many of these people saying it is a lubrication problem. I am not an expert on this subject but more oil pressure isn't going to hurt, especially at idle. Hellcat pumps put out more oil pressure than the 5.7, I am sure they have different cam / lifters too but haven't seen any people talking about hellcats ticking or wiping cams out. They also produce more heat. Just my twocents

The tick in the earlier motors is usually a broken exhaust bolt (I have fixed a lot of them that other shops say are not broken presumably because they don't want to deal with broken bolts)or pushrod/rockers worn, never seen or even heard of a lifter roller going bad in the 08 and earlier engines. Also I have never seen a new hemi of any year drop below 20 PSI at hot idle with the correct oil in it. I have a stock 200,000 mile 5.7 pump in my 6.4 with piston oil squirters and it still don't drop below 25 PSI with 240 oil temp after towing with 5-20 oil. The lifters failure almost if not totally quit when they updated the lifters to larger needle bearings not the oil pump. There is a lot of bad info on youtube regarding these engines, how the oiling system works, MDS causing all the problems (I have tons of bad lifters from engines that never had MDS) and the reason behind certain failures. I have a nearly full 5 gallon bucket of bad lifters all but one set are 09-12, the other set is 2013 and were the small needles, at any given moment I have half a dozen bad cams in my scrap metal bin.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!