Originally Posted by Wirenut
Originally Posted by Brad_Haak
Your questions sound similar to some of mine before buying a 1320 last year.

What are your performance expectations / goals?

Do you want to go rounds in bracket racing, or have fun at the test & tune?

Is swapping wheels either at the track or at home before driving to the track an option?

So we bracket race a bb duster that we are considering selling. Was looking to simplify. Asking questions about stick cars as I have never track raced one, and I thought a stick version would be more fun on the street as that would be the primary use .
Changing tires wouldn’t be an issue , but it’s looking like a stick would be .

My twocents
- buy an auto
- get some extra 17" or 18" rear wheels to mount track-day tires that have taller sidewalls than the standard 20" setup does; sidewall height has a LOT to do w/ whether you get wheel hop from my experience (and what others told me before I took their advice)
- 2015+ was supposed to be a significant change for the better and would have been one of my deciding factors had I been looking for a used Chally
- a 6.4 / 392 car is a basic 12-sec (or faster) car w/ a good launch
- seems like "everyone" who buys a 5.7 wishes they bought a 6.4 in the first place and throws $$$ into them trying to go as fast as (or faster than) a stock 6.4
- there are no budget mods for the 6.4 / 392 cars that really make a big difference from what I see; if you know you want a low 11 or high 10 ET, it's probably not the right choice
- seems like "everyone" who buys a 6.4 wishes they bought a Hellcat, but ya' gotta draw at the line somewhere grin

I've posted some stuff on my 1320 which you may find of interest...

2021 Challenger 6.4L Scat Pack 1320
100% stock: 1.680, 11.894 at 113.75 (DA 175 ft)
weight reduction, wheels, tires, Hellcat air box: 1.661, 11.686 at 115.97 (DA 710 ft)

1973 Challenger 452 ci street/strip [2008]
pump gas, DOT radials: 1.454, 10.523 at 126.44 (DA 514 ft)