Originally Posted by HotRodDave
Originally Posted by furious70
Originally Posted by MarkZ
I get the comparison, but it was a bit disingenuous to not include the cost of a fuel system to run the EFI on the Eagle motor. If the point was for a dollars comparison to retrofit an older car this needed to be mentioned. This could easily add over a $1000 to the cost of the Eagle depending the direction you went.

walbro 255 is $60-70, need a cheap GM regulator and some hard line? I've been running the same 255 hanging off my frame rail of my street car feeding a turbo 383 since 2009.

Got to be more to your combo than you are letting on as lots of other people have tried this bucks down method and are plagued with "air in the fuel" problems usually rearing their heads after the tank gets down near 1/2 full or so (depending on lots of things), most people don't want to fill up every time they get down near 1/2 tank.

It's funny that you mention this as I'm having this exact issue. When I fuel injected the car I used an external Walbro pump with pre and post filters. Between that and the fittings and hardline I was about $300 into it. Sucks air while cornering and launching when under a 1/4 tank. I'm having a new tank built with baffles by a shop now. The cost of aluminum bumped the price quite a bit.

1987 Fifth Avenue - 512/518/D60