I have lived all over the United States, from dry to humid from HOT to temperate. I have raced in all those conditions as well. When places get hot it sucks period. Sweating, well when you live here the biggest issue I see with out of towners is they don't sweat so they think they are good. They don't understand that they are on the way to heat stroke. it is so dry here that sweating isn't always that noticeable. I always tell fellow out of towners to just keep drinking water, whether you think you are thirsty or not you can thank me later.

As for the comments on it not being so bad here due to humidity..Well turn your oven on open it up and insert yourself, thats dry heat. And contrary to popular believe it does NOT cool down at night like some think in the summer. It was 99 here last night at midnight, and its spring. The sun here will flat tear you up, being at elevation only increases its affect. I grew up in southern Texas, its always hot and humid in the summer. I have raced from New England to Cali from Michigan to Alabama. When its hot it always sucks...It was plenty warm in St Louis a couple weeks ago when we were there. Temps in the mid to upper 90's with humidity to match. Hot is not fun and as we all age we get less tolerant of things we don like.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"