Originally Posted by '72CudaRacer
Originally Posted by Brad_Haak
Originally Posted by rebel
i have a Cope valve body. It sure changes hard under power. John makes a good unit.

RMVB w/ LBA but w/o trans brake? If so, I have one of those that I purchased with the plan to change to a reverse manual from the current forward manual Turbo-Action I have now. Haven't used it yet, though, so any input on how it works is appreciated. Thx

These two post were actually good to see. I had done some research a few days ago and decided to try a CRT valve body because of the low band apply. ALL of the parts that I ordered (valve body, band, band strut, sprag, billet servo, ect., ect.) were IN STOCK and were shipped the same day. (and this was after ordering a new PTC converter with a two week build promise and RECIEVING it in four days!!) Needless to say, but Cope Racing Transmissions & PTC have really impressed me. If their products work as good as their customer service, I'll really be pleased.

Thanks,
Brian

FWIW, my T-A FMVB is the race version w/o LBA. I honestly don't know if the car would run any differently on the track, although John Cope told me the design of a FMVB is -- my words -- kind of a hack compared to an RMVB.

I didn't make the switch while the trans was out of the car cuz he spec'd significantly less clutch-pack clearance than my last build-sheet shows. Decided it's going to keep the current VB until the trans comes back apart and everything can be set correctly for the new VB... which won't be any time soon, unfortunately.

2021 Challenger 6.4L Scat Pack 1320
100% stock: 1.680, 11.894 at 113.75 (DA 175 ft)
weight reduction, wheels, tires, Hellcat air box: 1.661, 11.686 at 115.97 (DA 710 ft)

1973 Challenger 452 ci street/strip [2008]
pump gas, DOT radials: 1.454, 10.523 at 126.44 (DA 514 ft)