Originally Posted by ZIPPY

Later on I asked myself "What if his goal was to be a trainwreck?"

I'd have thought the exact same thing but there's one major problem with that line of thinking: Dude was just NOT that clever. But if that were the truth, then he should sue Larry the Cable Guy. Larry done stole his act! eek

It had nothing to do with the fact that he was into "alternate" Chrysler vehicles. Most of us here appreciate pretty much everything Mother Mopar made.
It wasn't the fact that Jamie was malicious. Quite the opposite. He had a heart of gold like most simple, country-folk do.

I too believe he has some sort of learning disability, comprehension issue or perhaps that all-important missing chromosome. He was (and may still be) his own worst enemy.

If a fella had the wherewithal to come on here, fill out the forms to join and ASK QUESTIONS for advice.... you would think that at least ONCE.... that person would actually TAKE that advice.

But no. No sir. Time and time again it was "Hey guys, I didn't put wheel bearing grease in my wheel bearings because I couldn't afford any and had to get to the Piggly Wiggly before it closed so I could get a gallon of YooHoo for the missus. Now the front wheel bearings are powder. What should I do?

Several people would reply with good advice on how to replace bearings, how to pack them, what grease to use; step-by-step instructions....

Two days later: "Hey guys, I've been driving on dry wheel bearings for three days now and the noise is getting intense. I'm going to keep driving though. I think I'm through the worst of it!"

I began ignoring his posts. It was a waste of time to try and point the kid down the right path. He'd never take your advice. He'd never consider logic, or reason or the fact that he's asking a place with a collective knowledge of several thousand years. Like.... why would WE bother anymore? Literally beating a dead horse.

But people like him survive by praying on the heart strings of those "bleeding heart" types....

Last edited by That AMC Guy; 05/30/22 01:52 AM.

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....