Originally Posted by bobby66
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by JERICOGTX

It was a colorful time on Moparts back then. He has a love of Mopars, and found quite a few of them. They just happened to be the ones 99.9% of most people, didn't care for.

Some of those my now be worth some $$ so who may have been the smartest of all ? One thing I have always had a low tolerance for is bullying, and i feel some here did exactly that to him down

Sad but true. Some would probably like to take another shot at him. down

I thought about it some more and remember I was daily driving most of the same type of "normally thought of as non-enthusiast class" vehicle (for instance 84 5th avenue, 72 Polara, 78 Fury Wagon, etc) during that timeframe in the '90s....but our plans for the vehicles were different.

I got the Polara, put new exhaust on it, pulled the gas tank and soldered a pinhole in the float so the fuel sender would work, pulled axle shafts to grease the dry wheel bearings, got rid of the plastic timing gear at 75,000 miles before it failed, advanced the cam a few degrees for more grunt, etc...then drove it everywhere. In fact I still have it.....

Jamie was not super concerned with stuff like whether the gas gauge worked or if the wheel bearings were dry. He was much more into running them as hard as possible until major issues surfaced, doing burnouts until the tires blew and tore the quarter panels up as seen in the embedded video, and stuff like that.

I always saw his activities as almost a "demo derby minus three".
Once I thought I understood where he was coming from, one time I tried to convince him to poke the exhaust through the hood on one old thread, but
he wasn't having it (too much work, I guess).

I also vaguely remember him saying either he, or his GF, got a job at an Amazon.

No ill will here, people are just people.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri