I don't know how anyone could say it's impossible to sell a car right now. Prices have been incredibly strong. The only reason something wouldn't be selling is an unrealistic expectation for what it should bring. I own an auction business, selling investment grade pre 1970 advertising. Our platform is no reserve. Yes, that's always a risk as 15% of our inventory will be purchased below market value, as is the case in almost any no reserve auction. However, we always have breakthrough pieces that are bringing world records. Post auction, guys who never want to take a risk, want to get that auction price if they have a similar piece. The private seller who wants max auction prices will drive you nuts. The guys that take the risks are the ones that get rewarded, sometimes, they lose.

I've sold multiple cars on eBay and bring a trailer. I list them no reserve so people know they're buying the car. One came in about 10% below what I thought it should, the others over performed. Most sellers don't want to put the marketing effort into selling their piece. They want to take a few pictures, be grumpy as [censored] and scream "I know what I have", then get frustrated when they don't get max value.