As a licensed re-builder, I sell used cars for a living. I do not have a formal lot, do not offer financing, and do not trade. It is cash and carry. Always has been, so I have circumstances similar to you. When we set the price on a vehicle, we hold that price for a while. Usually less than 100 days. If during that time the vehicle doesn't generate much interest, we modify the ad and try all the available sales listings. If there is some interest in the vehicle, but it doesn't sell, the lost prospects are the best source of information as to why the vehicle is not going away.

After holding the line for awhile, changing the ad wording a couple of times, and listing in as many places as possible, if the vehicle has not generated much interest, there in nothing left to do but adjust the price. We drop the price and do the process again. Once in a while it takes a few of those cycles to hit the right combination of description, placement, and price to get in front of the right person. But it works.....every time. And has for 30+ years.

If a vehicle isn't selling, the key is to uncover the real reason. And it could be any number of things. Including personality. So it is important to be pragmatic about the vehicle and it's intended audience. To get the most money out of a vehicle often takes more effort than just selling cheap and easy. But in my experience, it really is true that there is a butt for every seat. It just takes the right combination.

twocents

Master, again and still