Originally Posted by crackedback
Originally Posted by calmopar
Originally Posted by Mr T2U

in my OPINION. if the seller won't accept paypal goods and services payments this is the biggest red flag of it being a scam. if they don't accept paypal goods and services method i won't buy from them unless the transaction is done in person.

Same here, big red flag.

I've been here how many years??? I no longer accept purchase transactions via paypal, still make me a risk for buying items?

Know your seller is the key.

I don't need the nanny reporting stuff going on via IRS. This all under the guise of ferreting out money laundering. As though big money folks that need money laundered have been doing it under the old rules in the under 20K levels. LOL

Originally Posted by TJP

The above bolded statement is confusing as my understanding is the opposite confused Unless you can provide receipts to offset the sales price and get the net income below 600.
I understand the receipt dilemma and might suggest, estimate (if allowed), or have friends make you receipts from Joyhn Walters, George Sides, Jim Inzauro etc. those would allow you to show a loss wink beer

I can only imagine the nightmare this will create for individuals as well as CPA's, not to mention the CPA will probably charge 600 to do the flippin forms, wonder if that's an allowed deduction from "SALES" income shruggy

It is ABSOLUTELY an expense that you could write off against the 1099K income. Like I said in another thread, use the new rule to YOUR advantage!

And Bingo on the receipts... do you think for a minute that an IRS agent know what a 70 340 auto carb goes for in the market, or a six pack intake... please... write up a fricken receipt and move on make 20% on the sale and have it turn into a huge loss with all the expenses you can hammer against it. Like your trip to spring fling, hotel, mileage etc... YOUR ADVANTAGE

Problem solved
[Linked Image]

smile Agreed

But still a PITA, So like others I will no longer take payments via PP, E bay or other TPO's. Not worth the nightmare IMO in addition to what my CPA will bang me frown
To my knowledge Ebay and others are still fighting for a rewrite on the amount but until it is accomplished, I'll stay out using other methods
twocents