For some reason I got a 1099 for 2020. Apparently several states including my useless state required the reporting a year earlier.
I didn’t get one for 2021, after the stress of getting the one for 2020 I learned my lesson and no desire to do that again.
I’m not a business, I’m a guy whose lived in the same house for 30 years and have a lot of stuff I’ve gathered over my life I’d like to find new homes for.
I typically have no idea or record of what I paid for a car part I bought in the 90s and never used, or a die cast car I bought 20 years ago. Or what the “cost” of something I inherited from my dad is.
I still sell a few things on car sites from time to time, only will take friend and family or a check with wait. Don’t like it or trust me? No problem, but sorry don’t buy from me. Again, I’m not making a living from this , and already have enough stress so don’t need the hassle. If something is more trouble than it’s worth, I won’t do it.
Set up at a swap meet for the last first time last year and will be doing that again in the future. Some stuff I have will eventually end up in a landfill or goodwill.
Thanks government for making life even more difficult for little guys just trying to unload their old unused clutter!