While I am all for supporting your local track I am here to tell you unless its an 1/8 mile race at Tucson fat chance you will see me there again, as well as many many others. Look no further than the last division race there. The car count was horrible and they have now again lost that event. Unless they make wholesale changes to the surface it wont be coming back, even with us loosing two other divisional facilities in the last 12 months. Hopefully Mr Hughes can make the changes but don't sound like they want to and with Wildhorse closing why would he now being the only game in town. All this is likely going to make LVMS busier much as it did back when Speedworld, Wildhorse and Fontana last ceased operations for a time. All three of which will be permanently gone after this next February.

Here is a screen shot of one of the BETTER runs I made in Tucson in 2020 and why car counts were so low at the divisional last year. For those who dont see/use racepak stuff the top red line is RPM, the green one in driveshaft rpm and the other red one(actually orange)is the LATERAL G's! This is from the top end of the track probably 700-1320. The green blips are bumps in the track that increased wheelspeed/decreased traction. The other red/orange line should be basically flat and usually is. RPM line is usually very steady as well. This was a GOOD run for me in 2020 at Tucson Raceway! This was a 7.40 pass with the car softened up a fair amount to help negotiate the bumps in the track.

[Linked Image]

This was a pass from the Top Comp race semi final on that Friday. Red is RPM, green is driveshaft RPM and yellow is lateral G's. I got back in the throttle twice in an effort to stay in my lane and then again to not hit the wall. Suffice it to say I wont be back with a fastish full chassis car until the surface is much better or we just run 1/8 mile, which aint perfect with a large bump in one lane but easier to negotiate.

[Linked Image]

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"