I posted this on the ADRA website, but I would like to hear everyone's comments:
While I do agree that we need to support Tucson Dragway, If it's the only track in the state (or the southwest for that matter ) it will become so busy that it will cease to be the enjoyable venue it is now. Arizona and the southwest needs another racetrack ! Some food for thought: On any given year how many racers have payed to get thru the gate at a Arizona racetrack? If "shares" were sold, how much money would need to be raised to build a track that was owned by racer stockholders? Surely there is suitable land that could be had at a "reasonable" price. What about all of the timing equipment from Wildhorse? Could it be purchased "cheap"? Building a new track could be done for a reduced price if most of the racer/stockholders provided "grunt" labor. Look around you in the pits ... realtors, heavy equipment operators, electricians all kinds of skilled and unskilled labor who should be willing to put in the work to have a track that is owned by racers. Your comments ( positive or negative ) are requested .