Originally Posted by poorboy
Or, if you know someone that has a lot of old Mopar keys (I've got a bag with about 50 different Mopar keys), the odds are pretty good he has a key that would match your locks.

Good luck with a locksmith. We were on vacation in CO and my wife lost the trunk key. I was able to get it open and pulled the lock assembly, took it to 3 different locksmiths to have them make a key, two said they could when I left the lock assembly with them for a day, but neither would make a key. One of them told me it was a "liability issue", he couldn't be sure the lock assembly I brought in belonged to me. shruggy I brought you a lock assembly to have a key made for, but somehow it matters if that lock assembly maybe doesn't belong to me, so you have some kind of liability to make a key for it? How about if I bolt it back in the car, will you make a key for me then? Nope!

I didn't have any issues getting a key made here in town.

That is BS. I understand when you go to a dealer asking to make a key by the cars VIN number. But when you bring them the lock and they will not make a key for it. [censored]. You should of showed him the car with the hole in the trunk.