Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Originally Posted by volaredon
ok... not a solenoid "pack" as in like what an A604 would have had.... just 2 solenoids involved in a 44/46/47 RE, but still sold as a pair, bundled together in 1 box...... I don't think they are available seperate. I've always bought them as 1 part. Not that expensive and not that tough to put in but you do have to drop the pan.

You might be thinking about the L/U and O/D solenoids, those come as a pair and are separate from the governor solenoid and pressure transducer.

OK, I was a bit confused before, but now I'm really confused.

Where are the LU and the OD solenoids located on the trans itself? While I'm asking dumb questions, where does that 12 volt power source come from, and can I check that out from above? This is a 4x4 trans in a Dakota chassis, I will have to put the truck on a rack to check pretty much anything under the truck. I'd rather have the parts in hand when I get the my buddy's hoist, the same parts locally are 2x what they cost online.

I thought the changeable parts on the valve body were the governor solenoid and transducer. I don't remember seeing any other solenoids inside of the pan.