Just had another scam pop up today! Ugh. This is what they look like...

If you Google online fraud its SCARY how many potential problems there are. So in the order below. I not only lost the parts. The time. The shipping. The money. AND the credit card company charges ME a $15 fee and upto a $400 fee if I dispute and lose. But some people actually tell me its "part of doing business". People working a job dont get robbed daily. Or their paycheck isn't a few hundred dollars short on Friday. Bet THEY'D be a bit more sympathetic smile

From one fraud prevention website (I've had this happen. You get a call, "why was my package delivered to a different city?!?!")....
"scammers take advantage of data lag times and disconnects between merchants and shipping companies. They place rush orders to an address that cannot receive a delivery. After several attempts, the shipping company will flag the order as undeliverable. The scammer then contacts the shipping company to reroute the order to a deliverable address. The scammer initiates a chargeback, taking advantage of the fact that, because of the aforementioned disconnect between the merchant and the shipping company, the merchant will be unable to provide proof that the shipment was delivered."

fraud.jpg
Last edited by 71TA; 03/31/22 10:05 AM.

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets