Originally Posted by hotairballoonpilot
That sucks in 2 ways. One naturally for the business but I have been doing restoration work for years and have always if having a customer that wants to buy their own parts save the time of bringing them by the shop to just have them shipped direct to the shop with either them buying the parts with their cards or have even had a few that just gave me the card to order the parts up to have them shipped here. Imagine thanks to the low life's that are pulling this crap that will make things tougher on our end now too. Sorry you have been bitten by them.

corey

I will ship to resto shops I recognize. Or if I don't recognize a shop I'll verify it is a real business (USPHONEBOOK.COM is one of the best verifications) and call the (billing address) buyer to confirm. PIA but not the customers fault. Still, as a last resort I go by my gut feeling and at 59 it's pretty accurate. Had a young guy today buying stuff and shipping to his parents house. Both billing and ship to phone numbers and names matched his last name. I called and spoke to him. Again, PIA but not his fault.

One theft today a guy bought just $25 of the 72-80 side marker lenses. Billing, a gal in Texas, ship to was a guys name and PO box in Missouri. The tracking shows "person picked up" - probably cause the box didn't fit in their smal po box. I thought about contacting the Postal Police but doubt they'd put some lumps on this guys head over such a small amount.

I had 7 orders with different billing/shipto addresses out of 300. One was shipping to Finer Details. One the young guy above. One was the fraudulent one that the gal from Texas actually called me. Other 4 I refunded.

Last edited by 71TA; 03/30/22 09:37 PM.

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets