Originally Posted by bremotorsports

I did not do the exhaust manifolds. Cost prohibitive (900.00 not including shipping both ways) versus the potential results. That is only .025 material removed per surface, so .050 total width. More removal, more $$$. It is more important to fill the cylinders. Can't do anything about factory manifolds and a full exhaust system when OE spec. And I have no time to develop as a F.A.S.T. CAR. I am full bore on my new Super Stock car now.

I may run the car when finished, but that is was not the focus here.This is an OEM GOLD type resto with a carefully crafted and user friendly, strong engine combo underneath.

But I can tell you this: Before my original 71 340 Duster became my Super Stock car in 1974, I would DRIVE to Island Dragway and run that. Headers, manual shift valve body, and a 4.89 gear (yes, correct. I drove it on the street like that. With L78-15 Cadillac Goodyear Polyglas tires.) I would run 13.0-13.10 at 102 all day on hard as a rock, borrowed and well used 7" Cheater slicks. 100% untouched engine. The only other addition was a Carter electric fuel pump. I had a quick disconnect exhaust system with flex pipe and Cherry Bomb mufflers for the street. Those were the days.

With the significant power difference in this engine, hard to say on ET and speed for the somewhat heavier Cuda BS27, (but well into the 12's for sure), because it would pretty much obliterate the Polyglas tires. I would have to go with a borrowed pair of short 28" X 9" Hoosiers or M/T real drag tires for legitimate consistency.

BR

Nice. Are you posting your build on here?

China is the enemy.