I run DOT5 with great performance in everything I have that's non-ABS

When I did the 70 R/T and 74 Ramcharger, EVERYTHING was new except for the hard lines, so flushing was easy.

WHen I did the 75 Duster, I tried to use the DOT5 with my power bleeder to do a full displacement and about 18 months later, I had to replace the rear wheel cylinders due to corrosion and when opening them up, realized that the DOT5 didn't push out the old fluid, so I went ahead and rebuilt the front calipers and all is well and brake performance is great.

The think I like most about DOT5 is that even 10 years after running it in my 70 R/T, there is NO corrosion in the brake system and I'm contributing that to the fact that it's not water soluble. I do take it a step further and pack behind the piston seals with silicone grease and will continue to do so until I realize that my efforts are pointless, or someone has some technical info showing this is bad, but it keeps moisture out which is my goal.

The Federal Government has not yet learned that you cannot legislate morality 1970 Coronet R/T FF4/FF8/V85/V1G 440/Auto/3.23 1970 Coronet R/T FK5/FK5/V8W/V1W 440/Auto/3.55 1970 Super Bee TX9/TX9/V8W/N96 383/Auto/3.91 1975 Duster 360 VS29L5 Daily Driver