Quote:

Quote:

I worked on inboard motors like that 383 for 10 years at a wood boat shop here in town. Only thing is that if it was used in salt water and didnt get flushed out it could be very rusty in the cooling jackets. Of course if it was a closed cooling system or used in fresh water then your fine.

I still have a 69 440 from a house boat with all its boat stuff still attached, someday I'll find something to put it in

Coolest motor I got out of a boat was a 409 dual 4 barrel motor that turned out to be from a 62 Impala! IT was 100% complete and running for $1000.00 I sold off the boat crap and had it ready to put in my 65 biscayne wagon when someone found out I had it and made me an offer I couldnt refuse!!!!!!!!!

I know where 2 marine 440's are. Probably R&L matched pair. I have a 58 Century Resorter with a Cadillac Crusader, twin 4's, 300 hp. Haven't fired it yet- but should really fly!

What size Resorter? 19 or 21ft. Those are the kind of boats I worked on for years!!!!!!!! IT was a really fun time but my old boss basically has ruined the business from what it was. I did all the finish work and Re-upholestry of those boats, I even know the ladys who have all the ORIGINAL CENTURY BOAT patterns for the upholestry and the die-electric machine that made all the lines in the vynal

One thing I know about those caddy motors is that they dont have that great of an oiling system so dont go running it wide open for to long!